Saturday, March 3, 2007

Crash effect

On the 3rd of February, 2007, I crashed my car in the Adelaide hills. I basically hit two barriers at 70kmph and damaged all panels, except the left door.

Pictures of damage after crash:






















Front right control arm is majorly bent. Needs replacing aslo.






I had a few options.
A: Buy a new shell. Buy new kit. swap everything over.
B: Claim on insurance and get a payout and lose the car and still have $10,000 left on loan.
C: Fix the damage.

I have decided to opt for A. This way I will be able to get a clean straight shell with no crash history and at the same time, get a new spray job and new colour I intended to get later anyway.

The kit and new shell is booked into Doyles Crash to be sprayed and the engine swap on the 12th of March and will take approx 1 and a half months to complete and will be driven out

No comments: